CollectionTakehito Harada Artworks II
Game Title: Disgaea series
Set: 1 from a set of 2
Released As: Commercially available artbook
Manufacturer: Wani Books
Year: 10 April 2013
Takehito Harada Artworks II is a 208 page artbook full of artworks by Takehito Harada for Nippon Ichi Software's Disgaea series. It contains:-
- Disgaea Characters (40 pages)
- Disgaea 2 Characters (66 pages)
- Disgaea 3 Characters (59 pages)
- Disgaea 4 Characters (35 pages)
- Comment (4 pages)
Each game's chapter then contains each of the following sections (not necessarily in this order):-
- 'Window Faces' - Small images of the character icons used throughout the game.
- 'Character Design' - Individual character art including sketches and concept art, as well as one large picture of each character.
- 'Rough Sketches' - Small pencil sketches of some of the characters.
- 'Character Expression' - Small-to-medium-sized pictures of characters and all their facial expressions used in the game.
- 'Game Graphic' - mostly half-page-sized images that were used in the games.
- 'Other' - mostly medium-to-large-sized pictures that were used to promote the game, among other things. For example, in the Disgaea 3 chapter, 'other' includes character, concept, and promotional art from Disgaea 3 Return.
Each chapter also contains one page full of battle cut-in images for each character in that game on its title page.
The Comment section at the end of the book contains short comments on the images in the book and sort of doubles as an index.
This book is from Japan, so as a result, most of its printed text is written in Japanese.